Tyler Pitlick and Miro Heiskanen both paid off in daily fantasy earlier this week. Let’s look at some of the better daily fantasy plays heading into Saturday’s slate.
- Columbus Blue Jackets winger Artemi Panarin ($7,700 FanDuel, $6,500 DraftKings) should be a great play against the Buffalo Sabres. He’s coming off a three-point game against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday night.
- Tampa Bay Lightning center Brayden Point ($6,400 FD, $6,700 DK) has goals in two of the last three games and four points in his last three games. He has a favorable match-up against the Arizona Coyotes.
- Nashville Predators winger Filip Forsberg ($7,800 FD, $6,700 DK) is priced nicely considering he’s the Preds leading goal scorer and facing Edmonton’s back-up goaltender.
- Blue Jackets defenseman Seth Jones remains a good value play on FanDuel ($5,200) putting up double-digit fantasy points in his first two games of the season after starting the season injured. I don’t like him on DraftKings today though as he’s the second-highest priced defenseman. A better value play on DraftKings is Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba, who has seven points in 11 games this season and is priced at $4,700.
- Another value defenseman is Chicago Blackhawks blueliner Henri Jokiharju ($3,600 FD, $4,500 DK). Jokiharju is averaging about 20 minutes per night and is expected to skate on the top defensive pairing tonight.
Brian Roe is the founder and lead writer of The Roe Report. He spent five years working for the Dallas Stars and has been a contributor at Hockey’s Future, The Hockey Writers, NHL Intel, and more. Follow Brian on Twitter @brianproe.