A portion of the below originally appeared on a story I wrote for SB Nation. Click here to read the full article which compares the game day atmospheres in Dallas and Nashville.
The Stars have done pretty much everything right over the last two games so I have no suggestions for them other than to continue doing more of the same. So, instead, here are six notes/facts ahead of Game 6 tonight.
- Dallas has won five of seven games with Mats Zuccarello in its lineup averaging 3.71 goals per game. Zuccarello has four goals and six points in those seven games. For comparison, the Stars averaged 2.56 goals per game in the regular season, playing 80 of 82 games without Zuccarello.
- Ben Bishop’s save percentage in the regular season was .934; Bishop’s save percentage through five playoff games is .935.
- Pekka Rinne’s save percentage in the regular season was .918; Rinne’s save percentage through five playoff games is .883.
- Nashville defenseman Mattias Ekholm committed only 21 minor penalties in 80 regular season games this year (0.26 minors per game); Ekholm has committed six minor penalties through five playoff games (1.2 minors per game).
- Nashville forward Rocco Grimaldi scored five goals in 53 regular season games; Grimaldi has three goals in four playoff games.
- The Stars scored five goals in consecutive games only once this season: in Game 4 and Game 5 of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Brian Roe writes about the Dallas Stars at The Roe Report. He spent five years working for the Stars and has previously been a contributor at Hockey’s Future, The Hockey Writers, NHL Intel, and more. Follow Brian on Twitter @brianproe.